Scope and Consent
What type of information does Groupflows collect through the use of its Services?
Groupflows will only gather Personally Identifiable Information through lawful means, and we limit the collection of personal information to what is relevant to provide the Services to our users. In general, Groupflows collects two types of information: (1) the personal information you provide voluntarily, and (2) non-personally identifiable aggregated information.
Personally Identifiable Information
"Personally Identifiable Information" is information about an individual that identifies or describes that specific individual. Groupflows only collects personal information from you if you voluntarily provide it while using Groupflows’ Services, and if the collection of the information will assist in the delivery of those Services to you. None of this information is automatically collected by our systems; you must manually input it or select it while using the Services.
The information you may choose to provide Groupflows includes your name, your pseudonyms (e.g. nicknames or screen names), information about times you prefer to meet with other people, details about events you have scheduled (including event times), and/or your attendance at other people's events.
All of this information is used to provide you with the Services, information regarding those Services, to improve our Services, and to create a better user experience. When you decide to provide us with your personal information, you agree that such information is sent to and stored on our servers.
Personally Identifiable Information Connected to Discord
Groupflows offers a specialized program called a "bot" for Discord. The Groupflows Discord bot lets users access Groupflows directly from Discord and post events scheduled with Groupflows to Discord. Groupflows stores additional Personally Identifiable Information if you join a group that has been linked to a Discord server via the Groupflows Discord bot. In particular, Groupflows records your Discord username, user ID, avatar picture, and the nickname you have on the server linked to Groupflows.
Groupflows does not access or record your Discord account login credentials, nor will we ever ask you to provide them. Groupflows also does not access or record any data about your activity on Discord besides actions you take with the Groupflows Discord bot.
"Aggregated Information" is statistical information that is derived from collective data that relates to a group or category of persons from which personal information has been removed. Aggregate Information reflects the characteristics of a large group of anonymous people. Groupflows may use Aggregate Information and provide Aggregate Information to others for such things as generating statistical reports for the purpose of managing our Services. Groupflows may share Aggregated Information with third parties, in our sole discretion, as necessary to improve our Services.
The Aggregated Information automatically collected by our systems when you use certain parts of our Services includes the city and region you are accessing the Services from, the date you are accessing the Services, the type of internet browser you are using to access the Services, and the type of technology platform (i.e. "desktop" or "mobile") you are using to access the Services as determined by the size of your browser window in pixels.
This Aggregated Information is always stored in the form of collective sums of data derived from all Groupflows users. For example, city and date data can only be seen in formats such as "759 users accessed a particular feature of Groupflows in London on June 19, 2021." Aggregated Information can never be linked to specific individuals with certainty because the identity of the individuals contributing the data are not collected or saved.
As with Personally Identifiable Information, Aggregated Information is used to help provide you with the Services, information regarding those Services, to improve our Services, and to create a better user experience. By using Groupflows’ Services you agree that Aggregated Information will be derived in part from your usage of the Services.
Information Sharing with Third Parties
Groupflows does not sell or rent Personally Identifiable Information to any third party. Groupflows only provides our third party service providers with access to user information to the extent necessary to advance their ability to deliver requested services to Groupflows. Groupflows will not disclose Personally Identifiable Information to any unrelated third party, except for disclosures to service providers who may assist us in such areas as data collection, extraction and storage, other business activities, and disclosures that are required by law. Service providers for Groupflows do not share information gathered from our users with other parties for promotional purposes, and limit their use of user information to advance their ability to deliver requested services to Groupflows.
Groupflows does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to outside parties with whom we are not collaborating. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Services, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. However, non-Personally Identifiable Information (such as Aggregate Information) may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Use of Auth0
Use of Mixpanel
Use of Stripe
Groupflows and Discord
Voluntary Deletion of User Data
You can delete the Personally Identifiable Information Groupflows has stored about you in two ways:
(1) Navigate to a Groupflows group you have joined and press the three-dot icon near the upper-right corner of the page. This will open a menu with several options. Press the option called "Your Settings" to open the settings window, then press the red text which says "(Delete)" next to your name. This will delete the data you manually provided to Groupflows in that group, including your name, times, and events. If you wish to delete your data in multiple groups simply repeat this process for each group. These actions will remove all the data Groupflows has stored about you except for Discord-related data (if applicable).
(2) Contact Groupflows and request that your data be deleted. You can reach us via email (email@example.com
) or through ourDiscord server
. Please provide your Groupflows username(s) as well as the name(s) of the groups you are in when you submit a deletion request. These details are necessary to ensure that all of your information is successfully removed. Groupflows will discard these details once the deletions are completed. Groupflows will delete all of your data and notify you when the process is finished within 7 calendar days of receiving your request. This process is the only way to delete information collected through the Groupflows Discord bot.
Disclosure of Personal Information as Required by Law
Groupflows may also release your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so in order to comply with the law, enforce our Website policies, or protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others. We will disclose personal information when required by law, or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on us, (2) protect and defend our rights, or (3) protect the rights, property, and other interests of our users or others.
Groupflows has taken steps to safeguard the integrity of its telecommunications and computing infrastructure. Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation, and day-to-day practices of the entire operating environment as part of our continuing commitment to risk management. This should not, however, be deemed in any way as warranting or guaranteeing the absolute security of the information provided via this Website.
Personal Information of Children Under 13
In compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), Groupflows does not knowingly collect any Personally Identifiable Information from children under 13 years of age. Groupflows’ Services are directed to people who are at least 13 years old. Any personal information from a child under the age of 13 that has been unknowingly collected and stored by Groupflows will be deleted upon written request from the child’s parent or legal guardian.
Rights of Access and Information Deletion for California Residents
If you are a resident of California and the processing of your personal information is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"), you have the right to request to be provided with the following information:
(1) The categories of personal information Groupflows has collected about you.
(2) The categories of sources from which Groupflows has collected personal information about you.
(3) The commercial or operational purpose for collecting or selling personal information about you.
(4) The categories of any third party entities with whom Groupflows shares personal information about you.
(5) The specific pieces of personal information (i.e. Personally Identifiable Information) Groupflows has collected about you.
You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising the rights you are afforded under the CCPA.
Groupflows is exempted from certain sections of the CCPA on account of our business practices. In particular, Groupflows does not "sell" information as defined by the CCPA and therefore cannot provide information about parties to whom data may be sold. Groupflows also operates exclusively online and has a direct relationship with its users; thus, email and Discord messages are the only mediums through which requests can be sent to us.
Rights of Information Protection Afforded by the European Union
If the collection of your information is subject to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you are afforded several rights and protections:
(1) You have the right to receive a copy of the Personally Identifiable Information you have provided to Groupflows that has been stored as a result of your use of the Services.
(2) You have the right to request the rectification of the Personally Identifiable Information you have provided to Groupflows that has been stored as a result of your use of the Services.
(3) You have the right to request the erasure of the Personally Identifiable Information you have provided to Groupflows that has been stored as a result of your use of the Services.
(4) You have the right to request that Groupflows restricts the processing of the Personally Identifiable Information you have provided to Groupflows that has been stored as a result of your use of the Services under specific circumstances. Note that we have limited our collection of Personally Identifiable Information to only encompass data which is vital to provide the Services offered on our Website; as a result, it may not be possible to provide certain Services to you if such information is restricted.
(5) You have the right to object to the further processing of your Personally Identifiable Information, including the right to object to marketing.
(6) You have the right to request that Groupflows moves the Personally Identifiable Information you have provided that has been stored as a result of your use of the Services to a third party.
(7) When the processing of your Personally Identifiable Information by Groupflows is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent for future processing at any time without detriment.
(8) If you are a resident of France, you have the right to send Groupflows instructions for how your Personally Identifiable Information will be used or discarded after your death.
You may exercise these rights at any time by firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also email us to ask about any questions or concerns you have regarding the processing, storage, and use of your information by Groupflows. Lastly, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority.
Notification of Updates
Last updated on June 12, 2021